Invites went out on Monday, and several people have already turned in their RSVP cards. Yay! I love opening those little envelopes and seeing peoples’ names.
Next task is to schedule the final walk-through at the Discovery Gardens. It’s not easy having to coordinate with the venue, planner, caterer, fiance’, and my cover at work, but everyone’s been really accomodating, so I think we’ll work something out.
I had a great email conversation with Sean this week, wherein I asked a bunch of questions about chairs and set-up and various other little details, and he gave me the firm answers that I was looking for. Basically he let me know that James Johnson will set up my ceremony chairs (which are provided by TDG). He recommends using TDG’s $2 chairs for the reception. He recommends seating 10 to a table instead of 8, as I’d originally planned; he pointed out something obvious that I’d completely overlooked – more tables = less dance floor. And of course more tables = more flowers, linens, etc., which = more money. Also, he can order any color of linens that I want, given a 10 day notice. So, we can go over all those little details when we meet up at the end of August.
So I’m feeling a little more confident about the little stuff now.
Other things on the to-do list for the next couple weeks:
- Sign a contract with my apartment leasing office to rent their comunity center for bridal shower (edit: check!)
- Get a list to Tiffany of people that I want to invite to shower (and decide if we want girls only or co-ed)
- Finish making a list for Shawna of family portraits that we want to have taken
- Decide on and book a rehearsal luncheon venue (currently under consideration: Buca di Beppo)
- Finish putting together favors
- Decide on a first dance song (hoping our choreographer can help with this next week)
- Choose about 30 songs and finalize the don’t play list for the DJ.
- Communicate with the officiant (who is currently at Comicon) about ceremony details