I just realized it’s been a while since I’ve posted an update. We haven’t done too much lately, but I did sign a floral contract with Bride Associates (there will be roses, tulips, daisies, and a few orchids involved). And we met a nice DJ that we’ll probably end up signing with.
I’ve also gotten started on my wedding favors. 🙂 Not going to spoil the surprise here, but I think they’ll go over well. There’s a bit of DIY involved, but I enjoy doing crafty stuff.
I’ve sent a fabric sample (of the indigo organza from the bridesmaid dresses) to Rachel at Jim Lee Events so she can color-match the linens. I’m thinking white tablecloths and blue napkins, but will see what she thinks when she sees the swatch.
This Sunday is a big day for us – Shawna the photographer is going to meet with us for our engagement shoot in Deep Ellum. I’m pretty excited about that, but a little anxious about what I’m going to wear. Am contemplating doing a mid-shoot costume change. 😉 Once she has the photos, she says it’s a very quick turn-around to get me some prints to use as save-the-dates. So expect to see those in a couple weeks.
April 7 we’re meeting with the awesomely talented Frosted Arts Bakery people to talk about cake. I’m looking forward to that meeting – I already know how talented the bakery is; I just have to see if they’re affordable with our budget.
1. Sign a contract with a DJ.
2. Find someone to do the up-lighting.
3. Order invites – we have a pattern that I think we’re both in agreement on – I just need to place the order.
4. Find hair/makeup artist. I found a nice one that works in Deep Ellum that I may go with.
5. Buy veil, jewelry, shoes, and accessories.
6. Write vows, select readings for ceremony.
7. Confirm officiant.
8. Legal stuff – marriage license, name change, etc.